Welcome!

My craft blog was morphing into a book blog. So I started this blog to primarily include book reviews and related challenges in which I participate. I review young adult and adult fiction, but I mention kids books here and there.


Saturday, January 9, 2010

Asleep


Asleep (1999) by Wendy Raven McNair
1442125241, 442 pages

This is the story of 16-year-old Adisa who fantasizes about being a super hero and lives in the shadow of her beautiful, older twin sisters. She falls for her new neighbor and classmate, Micah, who is initially standoffish. As they begin their relationship, she learns why he keeps to himself and tries to adjust to his secret.

I really enjoyed this book. Does this mean that I am only as emotionally mature as a teenaged girl? I don't know, but I was intrigued by the relationship that this couple shared. I was proud when she stood up for herself, and I was glad that she knows herself. This is a book that I'm excited to pass on to my daughters to read.

I was excited to learn that this is the first in a series, and disappointed to know that the rest of the series hasn't been written yet. I will definitely be first in line to buy the rest of these books as they come out.



I completed this book to participate in the POC Reading Challenge

2 comments:

  1. I think a lot of us moms who enjoy teen books wonder if we are "only as emotionally mature as a teenaged girl." :)

    It's always great to hear about interesting new books to add to the reading list. Thanks for these reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this book too and I think it's necessary for teen readers. It's nice to see a paranormal love story with African American characters. Thank you for supporting self-published authors :)

    ReplyDelete