Welcome!

My craft blog was morphing into a book blog. So I started this blog to primarily include book reviews and related challenges in which I participate. I review young adult and adult fiction, but I mention kids books here and there.


Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Salon & Read-a-thon Wrap Up

Can you say utter failure? They say that failure to plan is a plan for failure. Well, I am proof of it. While I looked forward to this read-a-thon, I didn't take time to set books aside or find things to distract my children. So I didn't get to actively participate like I wanted to.

I woke up an hour late. I did start on a book, but I had to stop to make sure kids were getting dressed and ready for our scout meeting. Since I'm the leader, I had to gather everything together for our activity. I ended up conversing with parents afterward, so I didn't get back home and to my book as quickly as I had wanted. I neglecting to plan for lunch, so I had to stop and do that.

This list of excuses goes on, but in the end, I was a flop this time out. I'll have to try again in 6 months.  I did visit some blogs and ponder some interesting mini-challenges. But I was too late to participate in many by the time I saw them. I still might do a big post with all of the ones that I liked.
In summary, here are my stats.
Total number of books read: 0
Total time spent reading: 2ish hours
Total mini-challenges completed: 0
Prize you’ve won: 0
Total number of participants visited: 15

The Sunday Salon.com
The books I have read in the past week: 
Haven't finished anything

Books I am currently reading:
The Map, Raising Financially Fit Kids, Just in Case, Urban Homesteader

Books I plan on reading this week:
In addition to completing some of the books on my in progress list, I plan to start on Plan B.

No comments:

Post a Comment